If you’re looking for somewhere to take the family or visit a military expedition that serves your interests, use our list below to find out which events are taking place monthly and follow the links to find more information.
- 2 Sedgemoor Battlefield Tour, Bridgwater –battlefield tour that includes transport and lunch.
- 4-6 Buckfastleigh Military Weekend, Devon –this weekend is held in collaboration with the South Devon Steam Railway and celebrates all things military, along with legendary Buckfastleigh breakfasts. Contact [email protected]
- 4-6 Yorkshire Wartime Experience, Bradford, Yorkshire –the north’s biggest re-enactment/military vehicle event sees more than 300 military vehicles and over 50 battle re-enactments.
- 5 Buxton Military Tattoo, Derby –now in its fifth year, this sees the UK’s best military bands perform at the magnificent Devonshire Dome. Includes the Band of the Irish Guards and the Royal Signals Northern Band.
- 5-6 New Forest Remembers D-Day, Lepe Country Park – this free family event sees living history displays, military vehicles, guided walks, big band performances and a memorial service. Contact [email protected]k
- 5-6 Colchester Military Tournament, Colchester – massive family day out that includes battle re-enactments, guided walks, refreshment stands, laser tag, army recruitment stands and much more.
- 5-6 Dig for Victory Show, Wraxall – this 1940’s festival features WW2 re-enactments, dance lessons including jazz, tea room and the huge victory dance! A fantastic, family-orientated weekend event.
- 6 Chatham Militaria Fair, Chatham – taking place inside the Chatham Dockyard, this is the only fair of its type to be completely indoors, where visitors can find lots of collectible items and rare vintage heirlooms.
- 11-13 “We’ll Meet Again”, Tattershall, Thorpe –trade stalls, battle scenarios, re-enactments and military vehicles.
- 12 Wheaton Aston Carnival & Village Show, South Staffordshire – New Carnival & Village Show themed to the Centenary of the Great War. Includes military vehicles for processions and displays while raising money for local charities. Contact [email protected]
- 12-13 Flying Legends, Imperial War Museum, Duxford – the biggest war-bird event of the year with incredible acrobatic flying displays.
- 16-20 War and Peace Revival, Folkstone Racecourse, Kent – “The greatest gathering of military vehicles on the planet”. Commemorating the centenary of the start of WW1, the 75th anniversary of the start of WW2 and the 70th anniversary of D-Day.
- 26 International Air Day, Yeovilton, Somerset – this award-winning airshow attracts over 35,000 visitors annually with over five hours of spectacular flying displays featuring troops, aircraft and pyrotechnics.
- 27 Bexley Medals and Militaria, Hildenborough, Kent – huge militaria fair where you can find medals, weapons, brooches and more!
- 1-23 The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, Edinburgh, Scotland –set against the stunning backdrop of Edinburgh Castle, there will be music, dance and precision displays with the Bands of Her Royal Majesty’s Marines, and the Massed Pipes and Drums.
- 2-3 Military and Flying Machines Show, Upminster, Essex – hundreds of military vehicles across all eras and nationalities including tanks and bikes. More than 15,000 visitors attend each year to witness different military aircraft and classic cars.
- 2-3 Yesteryear Festival, Heywood, OL10 2PX – fantastic festival with military vehicles, vintage vehicles, more than 50 stalls and a fairground! Contact Alison McGuigan [email protected]
- 4 First World War Centenary, Tank Museum, Dorset –this WWI commemoration event has a mock battle including a Great War display team, living history, WWI-themed discussions and more. Contact [email protected]
- 4-9 Wheels on the Western Front, London to Compiegne –on the centenary anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War, 200 cyclists will cycle the path of the Western Front from central London to Compiegne, near Paris, in aid of The Soldiers’ Charity.
- 9-10 13th Wings and Wheels, Ursel Airfield, Belgium –Militaria fair with 400 stalls. More then 350 military vehicles. Military camps. Demonstrations of re-enactors, living history, overflights of Warbirds. Maiden flights with helicopter.
- 9-10 Retford War Weekend, Retford, Nottinghamshire –Community War Weekend with Fire Rescue re-enactments, vehicle parade, stands, competitions, living history and more. Contact [email protected]
- 16-17 Combined Ops Show, Headcorn Airfield, Kent –flying displays, drive-your-own tank rides, jive dancing lessons, entertainment all day into the evening!
- 23-25 Military Odyssey, Maidstone, Kent – now in its fourteenth year, this is the world’s largest multi-period re-enactment show that sees more than 4,000 re-enactors and enthusiasts cover a vast period of global history, including Romans, Vikings, the Wild West, the two World Wars, and more! There are also over 90 stalls.